Far West 84th Annual Snowsports Convention
June 9–12, 2016
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
5401 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, Arizona 85250-7090
800-498-7396 • http://doubletree.hilton.com/
Saturday, June 11, 2016, 8:30 AM — 10:25 AM
Welcome to the Annual Far West Travel Expo. Whether you’ve participated in past Travel Expos or are new this year, here are some tips to help you get the most out of your participation.
Our relationships with our Industry Partners and their participation in our Convention are invaluable. Their future participation and support is influenced by return value. In addition, Travel Expo serves as a venue that attracts new vendors who will be willing to support our Conventions and FWSA Programs in the future. It is our goal to insure that our time with them is a positive and worthwhile experience.
What To Expect
The Travel Expo is a forum where delegates [voting and non-voting] can meet with the snowsports industry [resorts, operators, and suppliers] in pre-scheduled 15-minute appointments. The Travel Expo is the ski industry’s time for focused one-on-one time with our delegation and membership leaders. The Expo is NOT for planning trips.
Travel Expo will kick off at 8:45 AM with pre-scheduled 15-minute appointments. Appointments will end at 10:25 AM.
The appointments during Travel Expo are meant to be an introduction to the industry's product. The presentations should broad enough to satisfy everyone.
Delegates attending the Travel Expo are a part of the process that determines where their clubs travel— if not in 2017 then in 2018. They are representing their clubs and will be bringing Information and recommendations back to their board of directors and travel coordinators. Travel Expo is a great way to garner contact information for ski clubs and the industry.
Appointment Sign Up Opportunities
- Friday from 6:30–10:00 PM at Silent Auction.
- Saturday from 8:30–8:45 AM prior to the Travel Expo.
What Delegates Should Know
You will find your Travel Expo Passport in your Delegate Neck Wallet, which you will receive at Registration. The Passport is for you to record your appointments as you sign up with our Industry Representatives. Make sure you also record your appointment on the Industry’s Sign-up Sheet located in each booth at the Silent Auction.
- Delegates should bring:
- Business Cards to be given out at Silent Auction and Travel Expo
- Six one-page Club Trip Profiles [download Word document Club Profile Template.] Fill free to bring extra copies to pass out at the Silent Auction.
- We strongly recommend that you schedule a few resorts, at least one tour operator, and a supplier that you have not visited or used before. Expo time should not be used for finalizing a trip already in the works. Use the time Friday night for this purpose, or schedule time with Industry later during the weekend.
What Industry Should Know
- Industry should bring:
- Please be prepared with informational materials such as brochures, photos, trail maps, laptop or ipad, etc. There will not be room for large displays.
- Industry Contact
- Fran Long
Travel Expo Chairperson
Delegates Win Great Prizes
- Those delegates meeting with ALL SIX appointments will be entered into a drawing for prizes, including the Grand Prize: Ground package (value $900) for one for the 2017 annual Far West Ski Week trip to Breckenridge, CO. There are lots of other exciting prizes to win including lift tickets, clothing and more.
Let the FUN begin!
Download Club Trip Profile Template in Word.
Click on the icon below to download the 2016 Convention Flyer.
Registration now available & payable via PayPal
snail mail using the PDF Registration Form
Register by May 9, 2016 to secure your spot.
We look forward to you joining Far West in Scottsdale, June 912, 2016.