Far West Ski Convention Travel Expo
Saturday, June 14, 2014, 8:45 AM - 10:20 AM
The Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center
3075 U.S. 97 Business, Bend, Oregon 97701
800-547-3928 or 541-389-3111
Welcome to the 12th Annual Far West new and improved Travel Expo. Whether you’ve participated in past Travel Expos or are new this year, here are some tips to help you get the most out of your participation.
The Travel Expo is a forum where delegates [voting and non-voting] can meet with the snowsports industry [resorts, operators, and suppliers] in pre-scheduled 10-minute appointments. The Travel Expo is the ski industry’s time for focused one-on-one time with our delegation and membership leaders. The Expo is NOT for planning trips.
Our relationships with our Industry Partners and their participation in our Convention are invaluable. Their future participation and support is influenced by return value. In addition, Travel Expo serves as a venue that attracts new vendors who will be willing to support our Conventions and FWSA Programs in the future. It is our goal to insure that our time with them is a positive and worthwhile experience.
You will find your Travel Expo Passport in your Delegate Packet, which you receive at Registration. The Passport is for you to record your appointments as you sign up with our Industry Representatives. Make sure you also record your appointment on the Industry’s Sign-up Sheet located in each booth at the Silent Auction.
New this Year
This year Industry will be grouped by Region. Delegates will begin with two “Meet the Regions” sessions followed by four Industry appointments. There will be a maximum of four people per Industry appointment. In some cases, the Industry may choose to meet with fewer or more than four people. Please respect their wishes. We are asking that no one club take all four spots for any one meeting unless the Industry requests it.
Appointment Sign Up Opportunities
- Friday from 6:30–10:00 PM at Silent Auction.
- Saturday from 8:30–8:40 AM prior to the Travel Expo.
What Delegates Should Know
- Delegates should bring:
- Business Cards to be given out at Silent Auction and Travel Expo
- Four one-page Club Trip Profiles [download Word document Profile Template]
- We strongly recommend that you schedule a few resorts, at least one tour operator, and a supplier that you have not visited or used before. Expo time should not be used for finalizing a trip already in the works. Use the time Friday night for this purpose, or schedule time with Industry later during the weekend.
- Download complete instructions here.
Delegate Travel Expo Passport
- Delegate Contact
What Industry Should Know
- Industry should bring:
- Please be prepared with informational materials such as brochures, photos, trail maps, laptop or ipad, etc. There will not be room for large displays.
- Industry Travel Expo Information Sheet
- Industry Contact
Delegates Win Great Prizes
- Those delegates meeting with ALL SIX appointments will be entered into a drawing for prizes, including the Grand Prize: Ground package (value $900) for one for the 2015 annual Far West Ski Week trip to Whistler Blackcomb, Canada. There are lots of other exciting prizes to win including Lift Tickets, Clothing and more.